As you look for robust offerings to add to your service portfolio that can drive monthly recurring revenue, increase walletshare from existing customers and expand your total addressable market, selecting an end-to-end converged data protection solution that includes backup and VM replication is key to reducing your total cost of ownership. As enterprises look for better ways to protect their data, reduce downtime and prevent malicious attacks against their data, it is vital that you provide them with managed services that can protect data sources in the data centre and beyond.
According to recent research conducted by Enterprise Strategy Group downtime tolerance for servers is 49 minutes. As the speed of recovery time objectives (RTOs) increases, and the desire for reliable data recovery is on the rise, enterprises are looking to adopt cloud backup managed services and disaster recovery as a service to meet these growing demands.
To assist enterprises on their search to find the appropriate cloud backup managed service, Ovum TMT Intelligence (the world’s leading provider of business intelligence) in October 2016 released a report which compares leading vendor solutions in specific industry wide technology categories. This report provides enterprises with all the information and research to help them drastically reduce time and risk when making decisions on which solutions provider to choose that adequately suits business needs.
The report assessed 12 vendors and categorized them into one of three groups: Leaders, Challengers and Followers.
General Findings from the OVUM report:
- The key differentiators between Leaders and Challengers was that the challengers offer solid solutions and services, but in some cases lack recognition in the industry. Market Followers provide viable solutions, but do not have a wide array of solutions, nor recognition like the leaders and challengers.
- Leaders in this market are: Actifio, Commvault, Dell, IBM and Veeam
- Challengers: Asigra, Acronis, Arcserve, Artisan, Datto, HPE and Unitrends
- Followers: Barracuda
As a multi-award winning solution, Asigra can help satisfy enterprises needs for a comprehensive, reliable cloud back up software solution. Here’s why MSP’s should consider Asigra’s solutions:
- Asigra is one of the very few organizations that delivers on the promise of data recovery to the original device which is a large enhancement for security protection.
- Fair Pricing Models: new pricing algorithms and licensing models charge organizations based on much data is actually recovered per year. This adds better value as a solution to enterprises rather than simply measuring and charging for what is protected.
- Asigra is one of the very few solution providers that manage and also protect containers and micro-service based applications.